Graduating from high school was something I looked to as being so far away it wasn't something to really stress over. I never really considered a whole lot of my options simply because 'I had time'. Well then something crazy happened on May 22nd, I walked across Toro Stadium and got my diploma partied with my friends til 5:45 the next morning! It was so fun but when I woke up I just laid in my bed and thought:
'Well now what?'
That question has haunted me so much in the last 5 weeks since graduating.
(side note) Since the middle of my Junior Year my cousin, Amy, and I go to the Mesa Temple every Thursday. It has been one of the biggest blessings and I am more and more grateful for it every time I go. This last Thursday Amy was in Utah at BYU swim camp and so I got to go all by myself. As I sat inside reading the scriptures I was thinking about how unsteady the future was to me and how unsure everything felt and then suddenly I was overwhelmed with the love, comfort, and peace I had spent these last 5 weeks on my knees praying so hard to find. I felt Heavenly Fathers love for me so strongly and was reassured that everything would work out, and that he has a plan for me and if I trust him he will help me figure it all out. How grateful I am to know that I am a daughter of God and that he knows me and has a plan for my life!! and as crazy as these last 5 weeks have been, I look back and see that I have grown so much closer to my Savior and Heavenly Father! I am reminded everyday that we are sent here to learn and grow and that sometimes it feels like trials are never going to get resolved and things are never going to turn around, but I know that if I am patient with God, He knows better than us all and he gives us trials as an opportunity to improve and become better.
Today I am grateful for trials, temples, and my testimony.

No comments:
Post a Comment